Monday, August 31, 2009

Make A Note

Add Image
In my toolbox of "must haves " I find there are three types of recording sheets I use everyday.

The Daily Agenda
Notes
Class List
Classroom teachers value the details of the day given in a quick and easy to read form. I find the daily agenda is the outline of the day. The note page is an A4 page divided into ten separate note forms. As the day progresses I simply record make a note of what is necessary for the class teacher to know. This could include perhaps a message from the librarian or action taken over a lost piece of property...that type of thing. These are my notes that I always leave on the teacher's desk at the conclusion of the day.
The Class List sheet is always copied and ready for the new student names to be entered. I then have a blank line entry to record either my observations or the work completed and perhaps my comments. I am able to feel I have done my best to follow up on all work that was set or asked to be completed in the set teaching time. I leave this list as a record for the class teacher as well.
Usually I find the students enjoy the fairness of this recording and rarely try to "slip through the net" so to speak by not submitting completed work. (If they do, I simply leave a note!)Workbooks are best collected and left for the teacher to review.
Sometimes it is these simple things that make a difference. A fellow teacher thanked me just today for these very habits and so I thought I would pass it on. If this is any help to you I am most pleased to have helped. That is what we all here for to support each other.
Live,laugh and learn,
Blessings for the journey.
Carmel

No comments:

Post a Comment