Thursday, September 10, 2009

Whistle through the Day

I often stress how I don't go anywhere without my koosh ball. It is such a versatile little tool.

Today it struck me that another essential item in my teaching toolbox is definitely a whistle on a lanyard! I automatically put it around my neck for any outside duty or activity. If the school has given me a key for the classroom this key also goes on the lanyard for safe keeping.

My voice is one aspect of my health I have to be very conscious of. I have managed to damage my vocal cords over the years and as a consequence, I am extremely proactive in vocal protection techniques. Without over using the whistle, it is tool I would not be without in the open space of the playground.

Happy whistling!

Live, laugh, learn.....
Carmel

No comments:

Post a Comment