Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stepping Out Conference 2009

Today I had the pleasure of speaking with a group of 4th year students at QUT in Brisbane about what it means to be a "Relief Teacher in Today's Schools. " It was a pleasure to speak to group of interested and focused "students". (Quite different from a class of squirming year 2 students I can tell you!) I spoke with 4th years at ACU in March of this year and they were just as receptive.

It really is a pleasure to be able to professionally share your knowledge and experience. I do hope I didn't challenge them too much with some of the realities of this profession....my aim was to inspire their thinking in regards to this critical role in education. I did finish by saying that some days are a little like playing a role on the set of "Thank God You are Here!" and that did get a little chuckle! I have offered to hold a workshop here in Brisbane in the next month so hopefully if the student response is strong I can make that happen. If you are reading this and live in Brisbane area ...the invitation is open to all interested teaching professionals. The more the merrier!

Please email me with your expression of interest and I can email you more specific information regarding the upcoming Relief Insight Workshop.

Live,laugh and learn,
Blessings for the journey....
Carmel

No comments:

Post a Comment