Thursday, November 13, 2014

2014 Update

Hi readers,

I can't believe it has been a year since I posted.

You probably have thought I have " fallen off the perch" but in fact I have been doing what you all are working hard at "making a difference."

As I work as a Support Teacher:Inclusion Education I have been completing a scholarship I was lucky enough to gain. I can proudly say I have finished a Grad Cert in Inclusion Education and feel wonderful...now! Full time work, three older teen sons and a hubby and study makes not a lot of time for anything other than work and study. The two year effort has paid off and after number three son gets through senior I will go on the complete my Masters in this field. It was really interesting and has tremendous benefits in this role in our Australian schools.

I would not be the professional I am today with all the inclusion knowledge without my relief teaching. You also have to know I had 15 years experience in classroom and leadership roles prior to children and relief/contract work. Now in this role I am amazed at the automatic differentiation I put into my relief work that worked so effectively for classes that I had no prior relationship with. I still deliver this message re relief and contract work to 4th year uni students when invited annually.
Even thought I am not practising these skills I am working daily at coaching teachers and modeling good pedagody with tricky student needs.  The uni lecturers had asked me to please keep doing the workshops "Relief Insight" on a needs basis. I am happy to supply this service to support. The number of happy participants  to this service is thanks enough.

I was ready to run another workshop on November the 22nd 2014, however, with min numbers and people finding Christmas a busy time I have to cancel this opportunity. The beginning of the new school year is very bust for me as I in a full time role so finding the right time is becoming problematic. I am genuinely sorry to the faithful band who wished to attend . Getting ready at this time of the year is the best thing you could be doing.

The only thing I can offer you in the ability to purchase my workshop book that is here online. For $25 you can have all my ideas in one contained book. Some lovely people tell me they call this there Bible bit extreme but cute! I am a Catholic school teacher! many people find getting hold of the book first is actually very helpful before coming to a workshop. My workshop is designed to bring the book alive! It is very practical and user friendly.

So while I wish I could support you one person at a time ....like to students and families I work with everyday.....I send this information to you in the hope this purchase will support your first attempts into the wonderfully enriching and excitng world of relief teaching .

Every blessing for the Christmas season and happy getting ready for a professional 2015.

Carmel



No comments:

Post a Comment