Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Relief Insight" A Workbook for Teachers


The day my youngest son, presented his darling drawing to me in a loving mother and son moment, I never dreamt that I would combine it with my favourite teaching quote in order to use it as the front cover of "RELIEF-INSIGHT "(A HANDBOOK FOR TEACHERS) and now here it is!

The handbook was actually created back in 2006 after I was invited to speak to fourth year graduates about "The Role of Relief Teaching in our Schools Today" at the Australian Catholic University in Brisbane. From these humble beginnings, the university staff encouraged me to develop these ideas into a workshop for teachers. At first the concept was terrifying; however, once I got over the inevitable nerves these workshops are so much fun and I love the professional cross sharing of practical solutions to everyday encounters in the classrooms. (In case you didn't know, supply teaching is not for the faint hearted!) Sharing some of the very practical "tricks of the trade" after having a full time teaching foundation seemed to be just what teachers wanted to hear.

Over the last few years, apart from my Supply Teaching, I continue to share these ideas through the workshop. The feedback has been so overwhelmingly positive. Word of mouth does work! People are now asking how to purchase the handbook if they do not live in my local area. I am humbled to know that these ideas can make a difference in your teaching lives. The blog was my best response to your warm encouragement. I trust presenting the book as an e-book is both practical and convenient to your needs.

Over the next few blogs I will try to give you a clearer picture of the ideas contained in the chapters and how it could be best developed as a real tool in your teaching resource toolbox both for supply and full time teaching.

Live,l augh and learn.
Blessings for the journey...
Carmel

PS Big thank you to those people who have already purchased and downloaded the book. I would love to hear your feedback. Sharing and building on the strategies is so empowering for everyone to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment